23 April 2012

you know you live in thailand when...

So I decided to do a new series on the blog entitled "you know you live in Thailand when..."  I just feel like it may capture a little of the things that happen here and how much my life is different and a way to just remember the little things.  

Ok first things first.

you know you live in Thailand when...you start liking Thai superstars.

I mean never in my life would I have imagined I would be into Thai superstars but hey why not?  We were out the other day and our Thai friend pointed at a guy and said, "that's Dome and he's a superstar" so of course what I do next is run up to him and say "excuse me, can we take a picture together?"  He politely obliged and laughed and said "farang (which means white person).  I'm pretty sure he was super confused about why some white girls knew who he was (which we didn't know at the time, but now we do and he doesn't need to know that...right?)  Anyway, we were excited and then went home and googled him and then today on the Sky Train I totes saw him in a commercial....get excited!  We told all of our Thai girl friends and they freaked and every single one of them asked if we thought he was handsome.  Love it!

So here's the pic and a little video if you're interested...but you know you are.


me. kristen. dome. kristen's friend hanna.
(photo credit)



dear p'dome, 
you totally have some farang fans now. get excited.
love, 
me

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was going to be in English initially - Hey!

    Did you ask to be one of his back up dancers? You could totes pull that off. You guys are have way too much fun over there :) jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he the justin bieber of Thailand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha totally and it was only a matter of time before i found him.

      Delete