05 September 2009

what day is today....

...today is Father's day!


So I hope everyone wished their father a Happy Father's Day.


Apparently Australia celebrates Father's day on a different day than us....who knew?


Mother's Day is the same though. But get this several people have asked us when Christmas was? Too funny. They thought it was in July. Christmas in July. Strange.


Today we celebrated and got up and all had brekky together with Rob. Rob is our pseudo-father here. Then we gave pressies....Chels and I gave Rob some Cadbury Chocolate because he LOVES chocolate like every other Aussie. Then we had Angie and Rob's family over for a get together. Being around their family just reminded me of mine....loud. We just love their families and feel like in a way they are ours too now. I am so grateful to have that feeling of family here. I don't think I could have made it this long without it.


Anyways, so here's a small tribute to my father, Gleners. It was tricky finding a picture of the guy because he is always the one behind the camera. He's a terrific guy if you know him. If you don't you should meet him. So HAPPY FATHER'S DAY dad. Missyou and love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment