26 January 2012

10 & 23

10 days until I say goodbye to Texas
23 days until I say hello to Thailand


going to miss:
baking in a big oven because apparently not many people have them...
(if you're looking for one of the most fabulous lemon cake recipes try this one below. its my fave)
(source)

excited about:
doing the official Thai greeting,  the "Wai".  because apparently everyone, including Ronald McDonald, does it.
(source)


Today I got the pleasure of spending some quality one-on-one time with one of my favorite people, my SIL, Shannon.  It's not very often we get to hang out together without any kids during the day but since all the cuties were at school we were able to.  It's been a crazy and hectic time in Temple hanging out and seeing a lot of people before I leave.  

me and Shannon.  a few years ago.

I was also able to hang out with one of my friends I met during my time working at my office.  It was truly a blessing getting to work there and I never imagined  I would make so many friends there.  It is so neat to see the way the Lord puts you in the exact places where you need to be.  And it's even better to look back and see the way the Lord was working when I was wondering what the heck was going on.  I never imagined that I would make so many sweet friends in my office that would support and encourage me as I embarked on my journey.  I am so thankful that the Lord's ways are higher than mine.  He knew exactly where I needed to be.  My sweet, sweet Jesus.   

me and Retta.


No comments:

Post a Comment