23 January 2012

countdown...

What's a better way to spend my last month-ish before I leave than reminisce on things I'll miss and think about the things I'm most excited about.  So the daily countdown has officially begun.

13 days until I leave Texas and head to Charlotte,NC
26 days until I leave Charlotte for Bangkok

going to miss:
my nieces and nephews. i'm obsessed, i know. but look at them...


excited about:
living in a big city, and I mean big (pop. approx. 12 million).
 I am also fully aware that this may be the very thing I am least excited about in 26 days.  
But for now I'm excited. 



The last couple weeks have been jammed pack as I've been getting my things in order to leave.  My plane tickets are bought and things are finally starting to feel real.

The Lord was also faithful to get my visa processed and approved in record time.  I am all set and ready to go, except for the packing.  Who wants to help?  Any good suggestions on what I should bring?

This week I am hanging out in Temple this week with my brother's family and soaking up all the cuteness of my nieces and nephews.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to leave them.  I was introduced this past week at my church in here, Temple Bible Church, and prayed over as I went out to the field.  I could not be more thankful to have so many churches and friends and family who are passionate about seeing God's kingdom come to the ends of the earth.  If you are a financial and/or prayer supporter for me I am so thankful for you.  I feel so blessed to know so many generous people who are constantly encouraging me along the way.  

I'm also trying to make sure I have everyone's email and contact info before I go.  If you want to keep up with what I'm doing when I get to Thailand you can subscribe to my newsletter here:

1 comment:

  1. when you pack, use space bags...they really do work and when you vacuum them down you can get lots more in the suitcases. i use them when i travel overseas.

    ReplyDelete