30 January 2012

6 & 19

So my countdown took a little leave of absence.  My weekend was jam packed visiting with people and I opted to spend some quality time rather than tend to my blog.  I'm not really looking forward to this week.  I will be spending all my time packing and saying goodbyes.  This morning I had to say bye to  my brother and sister-in-law and their little cuties.  It was rough.  And then I said goodbye to my cousin and lifelong bestie, Stephers, and that was hard.  It's just too many goodbyes!  It's safe to say that I have been overly emotional this week.  I cried through more than half of the movie, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close."  I cried when I passed by the convenient store in Brenham where my family has stopped for the past 25 years to get ice cream on the way to Austin.  I cried when I heard the Justin Bieber song "Baby," because it reminded me of all the dance parties I had with the cuties.  I mean ridiculous.  Who cries over a convenient store?  I mean it's not like I'm never coming back.  I guess I'm just being a girl, but I don't think I can handle any more of these breakdowns.  

Okay enough of that back to the countdown. 

6 days until I leave Texas
19 days until I leave for Bangkok


going to miss:  
Texas.  I love this state. The people. The food. The football. And saying y'all and all y'all. There's just no place quite like it. 


excited about:
beaches where you can actually see your feet in the water.  I do love Texas but sorry Crystal Beach you're just not doing it for me. 


I also got to spend a little time in my favorite city, Austin, this weekend.  I met up with one of my college roomies, Amanda, and Sarah.  We all met my sophomore year at A&M when I lead a small group in the organization we were in.  It's crazy to think it was 5ish years ago when we all met!  Time just flies by. It was so fun to catch up and spend some time down on Congress Ave.  Here's a few snapshots from our time together...

 sarah, me, amanda

       







 seriously this cracked me up.  in DC i saw a Thai restaurant called "the Thaitanic." too soon?


happy monday!



1 comment:

  1. Would you be speaking of "Rattlers"? We like that store too. Texas will miss you too.

    ReplyDelete