12 February 2012

goodbye texas party.

6 days until I leave for Bangkok

I must confess that I've neglected my countdown this week.  It has been a little hectic the last week or so and I haven't had too much down time to blog.  I apologize.  Fortunately this week I have a little relaxation time while I'm here in Charlotte, NC before the craziness begins!  

Last Saturday before I left Texas my parents threw me a little goodbye party - complete with gumbo (a family tradition) and tears.  It was a really sweet time to spend with my family and I felt very loved and blessed by everyone.  The whole time I was packing up all my bags and getting ready to leave it never felt like I was really going.  I think because I was going to be in N. Carolina for a couple weeks it just didn't seem real.  Now it's only a week away and it still doesn't feel real!  I think probably a week or so into being in Bangkok is when it will hit me hard.  I'm already anticipating the emotional rollercoaster I will be feeling. 

Here are some shots from my goodbye party...

me and jake.

my sweet brother decorated my cake for me.  my aunt name is "fer-fer" for those who don't know and now the name has spread to my whole family. 

me with the grandparents.
my stylish grandma decided to match me. 

glenners. me. bethers.  (aka the parents)

the besties/travel buddies. me. uncle lunsford. lala (she's an amazing stylist. check out her fashion blog). 

the fam minus a few.  jake. kalan. me. mom. dad.


texas i will miss you and the bluebonnets, tex-mex, football, crawfish, big cups, and everything else great you have to offer.

(source)

deep in the heart of texas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment