17 February 2012

one day.

1 day until I leave....eeek!

Today was filled with doing all the last minute errands and pleading nicely with the Chick-fil-A guy to have some more sauces.  Let's just pray they don't explode in our suitcases, because that would be a fabulous way to start off our adventures.  I've been feeling really good and excited up until tonight at dinner.  I just started freaking out a little.  I mean my whole life is about to change.  I am going into vast amounts of unknown.  It's crazy and exciting and makes me want to vomit and exciting all at the same time.  


This Brooke Fraser song has been stuck in my head the last couple of days as I feel like it directly pertains to me in this stage of my life.  Its funny how you listen to one song for forever and then one day it finally hits you in a different way.  The words suddenly take on meaning and become real and relevant in your life.  This is exactly how I feel about this song.  I've always loved it but until I was finally at this place in my life the words changed for me and became my prayers.  What an adventure this has already been and how blessed I feel to be on it.  I'm not the same person I was two years ago, even one year ago.  God in his loving grace has changed me, loved me, prepared me, and called me on a new journey.  I can't wait to start it.
"Shadowfeet"

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
towards home, a land that i've never seen
I am changing; less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when i began
And I've sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day

when the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and the mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction buzzing in my head
saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
but I've heard rumours of true reality
whispers of a well-lit way

You make all things new



here's to new adventures...



1 comment:

  1. I asked Calvin who his best friend was and he said Grayson (Brad & Haley's little boy), but then he said Fer Fer. *Tear* And when he says your name, he says "Fer Fer, Work"...I love you!! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete