10 July 2009

I'm Here!

We officially made it to Australia last Thursday.  We spent a few days in Sydney and then flew over to Melbourne! I was exhausted when we first got here.  We are 15 hours ahead of everyone so we skipped an entire day on all our plane rides.  Once we got to Sydney we were non-stop.  It was absolutely breathtaking!  I was just in awe of how amazing it was.  The Sydney Harbour was so picturesque.  Chelsea and I were joking because we seriously took about 100 pictures of the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  I'll definitely post some later.  We walked all over the place and then some. We went to Hillsong for a youth service, the Sydney Olympic Park, Bondi Beach, and so many other places.  If yall ever get a chance to go to Sydney, GO!  We only had a few days there but it was so much fun. 

So after all our adventures in Sydney we finally headed to Melbourne.  Chelsea's parent's best friends, Rob & Angie, picked us up from the airport, along with there two little girls.  We have been staying with them in Mt. Eliza which is a small suburb outside of Melbourne.  They even took their shed outside and turned it in to Chels and my own personal studio.  They put our beds out there and everything! So we have a little pad in their backyard. So fun!  We are really enjoying hanging out with them and their familee.  We also had another offer of a place to stay in Brighton, another suburb a little closer to Melbourne.  Another couple that the Williams know offered us to stay in their flat.  We went to visit it the other day and its a 3 bedroom apartment in a really nice part of town.  It's also very close to the beach.  They gave us the keys and everything.  But we haven't decided where we are going to end up living.  It depends on who wants to hire us and where we can find jobs.  We are also limited by the public transportation and bikes (which we might be getting soon).  So this week we will be searching for jobs and decided on a more permanent residence.  We are so blessed to have so many options! 

The culture is definitely taking some getting used to.  It is so weird because although they speak English everything is just a little different.  I feel like it's almost more weird than going to a completely foreign country.  You hear words that are English but I still have no idea what they mean.  The driving on the opposite side of the road is also really strange at first.  You feel like you are about to get into an accident every time you take a turn....which is a really great feeling.  The time difference is also hard to remember.  I've pretty much adjusted by now.  Although I get tired at like 10pm and that is definitely not like me. 

Ok, well I know I wrote a ton.  But I figured that my family would like to know what I've been up to especially Bethers.  I'll try to post some pictures to show everyone soon!  I am having an amazing time and am so thankful that I have this opportunity.  The Lord is so good!  Please pray that we can find jobs and really find ways to serve where the Lord wants us.  I really miss everyone and love you all! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo envious! Sydney is my top city in the world to visit. I am glad you found it awesome. I wouldnt want to actually live there since it is the new york of Australia and too busy for my taste, but I love going there.

    We are going to miss you next week when we go to HP6!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and let us know if you get a phone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow let's see how long this lasts ;)

    i'm really glad you are going to do this! fabulous. i'll be keeping up diligently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less words, more pictures...

    ReplyDelete