27 July 2009

movie critic

So if anyone knows me they know I LOVE to go to the movies. Chels and I have had to pass the non-eventful times somehow so we have gone to several movies. Since we can't find jobs I have decided to become a movie critic. I'll go see movies and then post on my blog how awesome or terrible they were so people can be forewarned. However, it has not a cheap pastime like in College Station where it cost $4 to go to a movie. It is $13.50 and that is the student aged discount! So it normally is about $16.50 or so. Whoa! So I may end up losing money with this job but who cares. Oh, and another funny thing Australians watch all American movies. I mean I guess I expected them to have their own movies but No. So it was weird going to the movies because I felt like I was in America and I had to keep reminding myself where I was.


Anyways, Alice was dying to go see Hannah Montana a couple weeks ago so naturally Chels and I said we would be glad to accompany her to the movie. So for anyone who hasn't seen it...its AWESOME. Loved it. I would give it 8 out of 10.


Harry Potter also came out while I was here. I was a little nervous it wasn't going to come out at the same time as it did in the US but luckily it did. Its funny because it came out on the same day as in America but since Australia is 15 hours ahead it actually came out earlier! So I forced Chelsea to come see it with me. But I prepared her by making her watch the other ones before we went! So these pics are for you Lunsford, Effers, Thai Thai, and Lala....I wish I could have kept tradition and seen it with yall! This movie was super amazing. I was freaking out about it...you can ask Chelsea! I didn't want it to end and I think it was my favorite out of all the movies. Except not too accurate with the book. Oh well I give it a 9.9 out of 10.

The stairs in the movie theater!

Some angry Death Eater ripped off Harry in the cutout so I volunteered to replace him...

We also went to go see My Life in Ruins. Definitely not my fav. I really thought it was going to be great because of My Big Fat Greek Wedding but not so much. I mean it was cute but a little sketch. I would give it a 5 out of 10.

So, if you were behind on your movies hopefully I could fill you in on what's happening. If you are using my critique service don't hesitant to send me some money for all my efforts. Ok just kidding. Well thats all! Adios!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, glad to see you're using your time well...if only you had gone to see movies that were worth seeing! harry potter...psh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fur
    We went as usual and missed you at HP-HBP. I agree that it is my favorite of the HP movies. Although it left some things out and changed a couple things overall it did the best adaptation of all of them. It was also funny as well. I've already seen it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fur Fur
    By the way...if you are going to be a movie critic you should also include the movie snacks. Have you tried the sweet popcorn yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED hannah montana!! My mom and I finally went to see it...wonderful. Thanks for the recommendation. And, thanks to your blog, I'm not going to see My Life In Ruins. You're doing more good than you know. haha.

    ReplyDelete