15 July 2009

Wilson's Promontory

Hey everyone! So, last week we went camping out at Wilson's Prom National Park. We rented a cabin and went hiking and sightseeing. The weather here has been cold and rainy which is never fun. But, God was so great and the entire time we were there the weather was warm and sunny! We saw so many amazing things. We also saw lots of Australian animals.....so fun! A wombat was just hanging around our cabin and a kangaroo just hopped right by it. It was almost like it was staged. The entire trip was absolutely awesome. I was really reminded of how awesome the Lord is and shown His amazing love through His creation.

Chelsea and Me on the beach the first night.... .


The next day we hiked up Mt. Oberon and got to the top and saw this ridiculously amazing view. The last bit of the hike was hard but it was all worth it when we saw this!

"20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20
I just kept thinking how great the Lord was and how he speaks to us through all of His creation. I had this moment where I just experienced the Lord and His glory when I was looking out on this view.


Everything was absolutely perfect!We conquered the mountain so of course we had to do my signature pose on the top of it!


We went back to the beach later that night and the way the sun was setting was beautiful!

Here's a picture I shot of Rob and Ali out by the water.

The way the sun was shining on just the mountain was breathtaking!
Signature pose again in the sunset...

The next morning we set off to go find Squeaky Beach.

This is on our way up the mountain to the beach. The water was so clear that it provided a perfect reflection!



q
This is one of my favorite pictures I took because it looks so fake. I joked that it was so perfect it could be on a postcard. There was this huge boulder in the middle of the river so the Glen Morrison photographer in me saw this shot and had to take it!
We took a trail up to a point that overlooked everything. It was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. The water was so blue, the beach was white sand, the water was calm, and their were mountains in the background. I just could not get over how picturesque it was. It almost seemed unreal to have all those elements together.


The water was so calm it was almost weird.

Here's everyone staring at the Beach from the rocks. We climbed over all these huge boulders to get to Squeaky Beach. It was unreal how beautiful the view was!
We finally made it to Squeaky Beach! It was cold but the water was so tempting so we had to take off our shoes and run into it! I guess its given why they named it Squeaky Beach but its because the sand seriously squeaks like crazy when you walk on it.


"I will praise the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips....Taste and see that the Lord is good. How happy is the main who takes refuge in Him!" Psalm 34

6 comments:

  1. The more I see how beautiful Australia is the more I want to go there. You're making it so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! love love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethers- You should go vist!

    Jen-I love the blog. It is so beautiful! Glad you are already having lots of adventures! This Squeaky Beach with its squeaky sand makes me laugh :)

    - Mal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fur Fur - I love your blog/pics...it brings back sooo many memories for my trips that I am REALLY wanting to go back! You might wind up costing me some bucks!!!

    We will miss you at HP6 on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHH amazing!! SO BEAUTIFUL! This little camping trip looks like it was just the BEST! (all my superlatives in one little paragraph) It looks like you're having the best time. I'm so excited to see pictures of everything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your pictures... they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete