15 August 2009

Movie Review part II

Ok...so I'm back for the next series of movie reviews. Last night, Chels and I went out with a few friends from church to the movies. Apparently the boys picked the movie and so I just went with it because we are now called "the Americans" and we just don't really have any say so. Well, the movie they decided on was called District 9. So I just went with the flow not really knowing anything at all about this movie. Once the movie starts I am seriously thinking this is going to be the worst. 5 minutes later my theory is proven and it really is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Words can't describe how terrible it was. Something about aliens inhabiting the earth and trying to make them civilzed and move them to their own alien territory in Africa??? I mean what the heck? The only thing keeping me sitting was the people I was with. Instead of focusing on the movie I turned my attention to the barrel of popcorn that I had. I figured if I could focus on eating then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But then when the lead character began to turn into an alien himself I said no more. So Chels and I politely told everyone we were going to go wait in the lobby. I couldn't justify wasting 2 hours of my life sitting in front of pure trash making myself miserable. Well after unsuccessfully trying to get my money back....apparently I waited to long to come ask...we sat in the lobby. About ten minutes later a few more people joined saying it only got worse. So, heed my advice. If it ever entered your mind to maybe spend your free time seeing this movie --think again. It was really the worst.I am going to go ahead and put it in the negative range of numbers for my movie review. Probably about -100 out of 10. So if you waste your money and go see it don't blame me and don't tell me how it ends because I could honestly care less. Yay for terrible movies and good stories!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Luke and I just got back from seeing that. He wanted to go and it's his "birthday week" so I went along. I didn't hate it as much as you seemed to. I thought it was ok and won't probably watch it again, but it was very interesting and unique. One too many f-words though, but overall ok. I did get a little queasy when the guy ate cat food...gross

    ReplyDelete