25 August 2009

i just love it here....

The past few days have been absolutely beautiful. A lot of days the weather is cool and a little rainy. Whenever there is a warm, sunny day we always take advantage of it. There is hope that spring is coming! It has been a big change to come from 100 degree weather to 60 degree weather. It isn't too cold but I was just getting used to warm weather so it's hard to get back in the feeling of winter. Lately, we have had a few really gorgeous days. Chels and I love to go down to the beach on those days and just walk around. Words can't describe how amazingly beautiful it is here. As we were walking on the beach the other day I just got sad about leaving such a beautiful place. I'm going to go in shock when I go home and see industrial buildings. God is just written all over creation here. I love it! Here are a few pictures of the other day when we went down to the beach with Angie. We got ice cream and ate it while walking on the beach...it was a perfect day!


More cute boat houses...

The water is so clear! I love this pic...



One of my favorite pictures...


A couple of weekends ago we went and stayed with some friends of Chelsea's family, Graeme & Bette. They are an older couple who are amazing! They offered to let us stay in their flat in Brighton but we decided to stay here in Mt. Eliza instead. They are very blessed but give so generously. Graeme is the Chairman of Samaritan's Purse here in Australia. He started the Operation Christmas Child shoebox ministry in his garage here. We felt so blessed to be know such an amazing man of Christ.
They showed us some videos of when they dropped the shoeboxes off in Cambodia and it was amazing. I was just crying watching the video of all these kids receiving probably the only gift that they will ever get in their entire life. They were ecstatic! For everyone who has done one of the shoeboxes we all know that there is nothing really expensive or amazingly awesome in them. But these kids LOVE them! They were holding their box like it was precious treasure. So, we just got to hear Graeme and Bette's stories of shoebox drops and all their trips around the world. It was really awesome. They also drove us around to look at the scenery. We saw some more beautiful beaches and then we drove past all the rolling hills. I just can't get over how much the scenery changes in an hour of driving. Ocean, rollings hills, mountains....love, love, love it! We then drove past a few wineries that overlook the ocean. It was just one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I know I keep saying that but seriously it is! Everyone is just going to have to visit and see for themselves. My pictures can't even do it justice. Anyways, I took a few photos so you can try to imagine how beautiful it is.

Here is a pic of one of the wineries that overlooks the ocean...

If you can look closely you can see the rolling hills in the background...


2 comments:

  1. Glad it is getting warmer...my friend Anna was so cold when she was there that she carried around a hot water bottle with her everywhere.

    The pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jen!! I'm glad you're having so much fun in Australia--your pictures are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete