04 August 2009

at the drive-in...

So, for months we have been planning on going to the drive-in for Sophie's 14th birthday! Yay! Well I was, of course, super excited about the idea of going to one since I had never been before. To top it off we were also going to see Harry Potter! However, after our little excursion I just wanted everyone to be forewarned about the nostalgic drive-in movies. Since we had 10 people and only 2 cars there were 5 of us to a car....not a good idea. Chelsea, Alice, and I all sat in the front seat where we had to sit down low enough for Rob and Angie to see over our heads. And let me tell you that after awhile my back was killing me and I was getting leg cramps because the steering wheel was in my way. I was fighting my restless leg sydrome by stuffing popcorn in my mouth and trying to somewhat enjoy the movie. Then the windows kept fogging up, so we decided to turn on the car and let the fan run. Oh and the sound from the movie was coming from the car radio. Well apparently we ran the battery out of the car so the sound went off three fourths of the way into the movie. So we were forced to turn up the sound in the other car loud enough so we could hear it. Then, the battery in the other car died. I mean don't you just love it when these things happen. So Rob had to run and rent some radios to put in the car! Too funny. So if you are ever going to a drive-in be sure to go with just one other person and remember to turn your car on and off every once in a while.

Here's a picture of us with Sophie and Alice with Sophie's birthday cake that we made her!


1 comment:

  1. you need to get a convertible and do it like they do in grease!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete